Create a Blog with Custom Domain Name in WordPress or Blogger
WordPress.com and Blogger are equally good in creating blogs for either personal or business. While creating with both , we will be assigned with their sub domain name of our choice ( if available) . But only few audience know the fact that we can point our own domain name to these blogs for much better Search engine visibility and branding.
For Owing a domain head to any leading domain name registrar , We highly recommend morbits.net for simplicity and support ( even as live chat).
Using Custom Domain in WordPress.com
Head to the Domains page, select your Blog , and choose the Add Domain option.
Click Upgrade next to “Already own a domain?”
Enter your domain name and click Add
Npw go to Your Domain Registrar and Login to your Panel, Change Name Servers to
Using Custom Domain in Blogger.com
- Sign in to Blogger.
- Select the blog to update.
- In the left menu, click Settings > Basic > Publishing.
- Under your current domain, click Set up a 3rd party URL for your blog.
- Enter your URL, including the www.
- Click Save.
- An error will appear with two CNAMEs.
- Visit your domain registrar’s website and find the DNS (Domain Name System) or the Name Server settings in the control panel.
- Delete existing CNAME entries.
- Enter the CNAMEs provided in the error message and click Save.
February 19, 2017
December 12, 2016
December 5, 2016