Install WordPress on your Local Computer
WordPress is a free and open-source content management system. In order to install WordPress on your Computer, we need to install WAMP to setup your own local server environment. Insted of WAMP you can also use XAMPP.
- Download and install latest WAMP from WAMP Server Website.
- WampServer comes with phpMyAdmin. Select phpMyAdmin from WAMP Server icon.
- Go to databases to create a new database for WordPress. Provide a name for your database and click on Create button.
- Download and extract WordPress from WordPress.org.
- Go to C:wampwww and create a folder and name it as Mysite then paste all the files and folders under wordpress folder there.
- Start WAMP and start all the services by left clicking on it in the task bar.
- Open http://localhost/ and click on phpMyAdmin and create a database for your WordPress.
- Open http://localhost/Mysite and click on create a configuration file. Provide your database information such as Database name, Username, Password, database host and Database prefix. Click on Submit. On next screen click on Run setup.
- Here you enter the details such as site title, username, password and email. Finally press the Install WordPress button.
Once done, you will see a success message after the installation.
December 14, 2017
December 11, 2017
December 7, 2017